White Privilege + Rewilding

White privilege in the rewilding movement

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  rewildingnation 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     rewildingnation 
    Keymaster

I am seeing a lot of posts on FB lately, since the #metoo movement started, about certain active members/leaders of the rewilding movement being misogynists, womanizers, and teaching from a vantage point of white privilege. In other words, not acknowledging that it may be difficult or nearly impossible for people of color/indigenous peoples to access wild foods and other aspects of rewilding. The response of these particular leaders has been an inability to acknowledge their white privilege. Someone in one of these discussion threads wrote “Lack of empathy means (among many other things) you can’t feel or acknowledge the pain of oppressed people. If you can’t do that, privilege of all sorts (white, male, cis, straight, etc.) is invisible.” What concerns me is that in these discussions, rewilding as a whole is being labeled as privileged and a negative. I hate to see the whole movement being damaged by a few people. Wondering what others feel about this. And what we can do about it…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Thank you for reaching out - we will get back to you as soon as we are able!

Sending

This site is for educational use only and is not intended as medical advice. By using this site, you agree to take full responsibility for your own health and life.

© 2017 Planet Thrive, Inc.     TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY POLICY

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Skip to toolbar